Can't download the widget

Robin Bethel

04 Jan, 2019 09:32 PM

Hello!

I recently bought a new MacBook and so needed to download the time tracking widget. I can click the option and it goes into my downloads, but then when I click it from there, nothing happens. I tried this weeks ago and am still having the same trouble today.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 06 Jan, 2019 05:42 PM

Hi Robin,

Unfortunately Apple has made the Dashboard a less important feature of OS X with newer versions. I don’t believe double-clicking will install widgets any longer. Now you have to follow these instructions:

Press F12 to open Dashboard.
    Click the Open (+) button in the lower left corner to display the Widget bar.
    Click Manage Widgets.
    Click More Widgets. ...
    Browse the widget Web site to find the widget you want to download and install.
    Click the widget's Download button. ...
    Click Install.

2. 2 Posted by Robin Bethel on 06 Jan, 2019 05:50 PM

Thank you so much! I wasn’t able to manage widgets in that way exactly, but did find a Cashboard tracker widget in the Business category on this page: https://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/. And it downloaded.

I appreciate your help!

Robin

On Jan 6, 2019, at 10:42 AM, Seth B <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac