Invoicing glitch

Julia Minnie

26 Mar, 2017 11:53 PM

Hi Seth,

I've run into an odd problem. I started to prepare an invoice to close out a contract. As I did so, Cashboard reminded me that I had funds on hand already for this client and that it would be automatically applying it against my new invoice. Rats! Forgot about the Deposit invoice! Backed out, deleted the invoice and started over.

Now, I'm building the invoice with a line to apply the initial contract deposit (flat fee), a line to apply the balance of the contract fee (flat fee) and a handful of billable time that was outside of project scope.

Problem is, the items of billable time are showing up as already invoiced! Only time they were invoiced was when I first built the invoice and subsequently deleted it. I would have thought those items would have been restored as 'invoicable'. No indication next to them of what invoice they were applied to.

I've tried logging out and back in, I've tried clearing my cache.

Suggestions???

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 27 Mar, 2017 12:25 AM

Hi Julia, sorry about that odd glitch. Depending on what's going on with the system, sometimes it can take a few minutes to reset the status of your time entries. They should all be ready to be re-invoiced now.

This is something that will be sped up/fixed with some new updates I'll be releasing in April.

- Seth

2. 2 Posted by Chris Edgington on 17 Apr, 2017 02:03 PM

I'm experiencing this problem today. I waited 10 minutes, I also logged out and logged back in, but my time entries are still not getting cleared as being invoiced. They will not get added to a new invoice, but if you go look at them, they do not show an invoice associated. How can I get my time entries properly cleared so I can create a new invoice?

Thanks,
    -Chris

3. 3 Posted by Chris Edgington on 17 Apr, 2017 02:34 PM

Now about 30min later it seems to have resolved itself.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Seth B on 17 Apr, 2017 05:43 PM

Chris, 30 minutes is definitely way too long and unacceptable. This is the first thing I’ll be looking at once we finalize our new hosting setup. It’s an upgraded system spread out across multiple, high powered servers to guarantee faster performance. This is one of the things I’m looking to address.

- Seth

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2017-03-26_at_4.48.44_PM.png 245 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac