Some clients have problems following the link to pay

Rebekka Helford

11 Nov, 2016 03:27 PM

Hello!

Some of my (perhaps less tech savvy) clients seem to have difficulty accessing the way to pay via paypal upon receiving their invoice. Could you send me a simple step-by-step set of instructions I could give such clients?

Thank you,

Rebekka

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 11 Nov, 2016 08:07 PM

Hi Rebekka, I'm currently traveling and can't send those instructions until a little bit later.

However you can login as your clients, and see what they see by going to the Contacts section, selecting their name, then using the little 3 line "menu button" next to their name and logging in as them. More info here: http://help.cashboardapp.com/kb/misc/client-interface

Doing so might assist in instructing them how to pay.

Additionally, I'll put it on my list to see if we can't make that more obvious in the future.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Seth B on 12 Nov, 2016 01:40 PM

Hi Rebekka, I logged in as one of your clients to experience the current PayPal workflow.

Inside Cashboard, the experience seems as simple as it can be. From the home page and while viewing any invoice we have a "Make a Payment" button that's very prominent.

I'd imagine perhaps your customers are getting confused by PayPal itself. Redirecting to the PayPal site, it asks for a login and password instead of a credit card number immediately.

What I'd suggest is for you to switch to Stripe as a payment processor, which allows us to open a credit card payment form right inside Cashboard. This experience is seamless, and much easier to understand for the less-tech-savvy amongst us.

You can sign up for Stripe and link your Cashboard / Stripe accounts from inside Cashboard using the Settings > Account screen. The option to do that is where you currently have PayPal selected as your payment processor.

Hope that helps!

- Seth

[ sent from my mobile // excuse me for any typos ]

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac