Receiving emails long after they are sent

Rebekka Helford

16 Jul, 2014 05:02 PM

Hi!

In recent weeks, I've been getting messages sent to cashboard about invoices forwarded to me days, weeks, or even longer than a month after the client initially sent them. Thought I'd bring this to your attention so it can be resolved.

Also, there may be nothing that can be done about this, but because the last email clients get from me is usually my invoice, the next time they write me (usually attaching work to be reviewed) they send it to cashboard, when I have to email them back and redirect them to my email address. I wonder if some disclaimer can be added to these emails that attachments will not be forwarded.

Thanks,

Rebekka

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 16 Jul, 2014 05:22 PM

We implemented another fix to our email comment processing system which was
    a followup fix for the issue posted on our Facebook page & Twitter on July
    7th.

A spammer was attempting to choke our comment processing system by flooding
    email addresses with huge emails containing big attachments.

Due to the fix, some backlogged emails got processed. We believe we have a
    handle on the issue, but are keeping a close eye on it for the remainder of
    the week.

Apologies for any confusion or duplicate emails sent.

*Regarding attachments…*

You can add any disclaimers you'd like by modifying the "email_" templates
    under the Settings > Document Templates screen.

2. 2 Posted by Rebekka Helford on 05 Aug, 2016 09:22 PM

This has been happening again lately, which caused some serious interruption to my workflow! Clients' ability to email comments has always been problematic for me, as the invoice is often the last communication they receive from me, and when they want to reach out again, many will reply to Cashboard (and often include attachments), leading to confusion and/or delays in response. Clients will also try to "friend" me on linked in using a Cashboard address, which is annoying to de-link from my identity. I wonder if you have considered making the feedback function web-based only (without linking it to an email address).

Rebekka

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 05 Aug, 2016 09:51 PM

Thanks for the feedback Rebekka. That has been a consideration. Perhaps in the future it’ll be an option.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Seth B on 10 Aug, 2016 01:14 AM

As an update - looks as if a malicious spammer has been taking advantage of some issues we were unaware of. Currently putting in a fix and thinking of long term solutions to this problem.

You will see comments come in within the next day or so as we sort through the 10s of thousands of emails clogging the system.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac