Removing a credit

Anthony Mair

14 Jun, 2016 07:55 PM

I just received a payment for $4000 for an invoice, went to payments and marked paid in full. But now for some reason it is stating that the company has a credit when it does not. How can i fix this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 14 Jun, 2016 09:12 PM

Hi Anthony,

Marking “paid in full” just creates a payment for that company and applies it to the invoice. A credit is simply a payment that’s not been applied to an invoice. You can manage all of that from the Income > Payments tab.

- Seth

2. 2 Posted by Anthony Mair on 14 Jun, 2016 09:35 PM

I understand that and dont usually have a problem. But for some reason by paying this 4000 dollar invoice in full its applying a credit to their account and i have other invoices outstanding with them so now its asking if i want to apply the credit when there is no credit

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 14 Jun, 2016 10:47 PM

I logged into your account to check things out.

What you’ve done is applied that $4,000 to a “deposit invoice”, which is a special kind of invoice designed to accept pre-payment. The intended workflow is that you issue a deposit invoice, receive payment, apply it to that deposit invoice (marking it closed). You then go do the work, issue a regular invoice, then apply that credit to a new, “real invoice” - which gets rid of the outstanding credit.

The entire workflow is described in more detail here:

http://help.cashboardapp.com/kb/accepting-payments/working-with-deposits <http://help.cashboardapp.com/kb/accepting-payments/working-with-deposits>

Please read and let me know if that makes sense.

- Seth

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac