How to apply refund...?

Abigail Weiland's Avatar

Abigail Weiland

09 Apr, 2013 04:51 PM

We have a client that has an over payment of $200.00 on their account, how do you account for this?

  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 09 Apr, 2013 07:48 PM

    Seth B's Avatar

    Hi Abigail,

    You can apply a refund by issuing an invoice with a negative amount in the "flat fee" box for a line item.

    Is that what you're asking?

  2. 2 Posted by Abigail Weiland on 09 Apr, 2013 08:47 PM

    Abigail Weiland's Avatar

    Hi Seth,

    Actually, it isn't. We have done that with refunding in invoices.. But I
    am talking about issuing a credit to someone with a balance on their

    For example: We have a project we are finishing out with and a client over
    payed us by $200.00 .. we need to write them a check for the $200.00 credit
    on their account. How do you suggest we account for this? So, that it is
    clean and tidy.

    *Abigail Weiland*
    Design Inside - Associate Interior Designer
     Office: 773.304.4133
    Fax: 800.776.3609
    [email blocked] <[email blocked]> <>

    Are you happy with our services? The biggest compliment is to write a
    review on Yelp! <>,
     or Google+ <> or follow
    us on Facebook <>.

  3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 09 Apr, 2013 10:38 PM

    Seth B's Avatar

    Cashboard doesn't really have an idea of "credits" as a first-level document - so I'd simply issue them another invoice, for $200 and in the invoice notes put something like "credit returned - check #[number]".

    That way your balance will zero out, and you'll have a record of the refund.

  4. Seth B closed this discussion on 09 Apr, 2013 10:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts


? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac