Sending invoices without requiring customer login to make payment

Amber Ladley

04 Mar, 2013 08:32 PM

Hello,

After many weeks of testing/researching the ideal project/account management system for my freelance web business, I was thrilled to discover Cashboard. I love that it is simple, allows for customization, and has an intuitive interface.

I just setup an invoice in the system and I have also setup PayPal integration, however, when I tested sending the invoice to a client, by sending it to myself, I realized that my clients will need to login to make a payment. While I do see some advantages to doing this, I fear that it may be a turn off for some who need to remember yet another set of login credentials. Since I have chosen PayPal, it would be great if the email contained a link to pay via PayPal without having to login to Cashboard first. Is this possible? Or should I use PayPal to send my invoices?

Thanks!
Amber

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 04 Mar, 2013 08:56 PM

Hey Amber, glad that you're enjoying Cashboard.

I agree that forcing your _clients_ to login is a bad idea for the points you mention.

Fortunately, that's why I designed Cashboard so that your clients automatically get logged in when clicking on a link from invoices you send them.

When you send any document with Cashboard, it creates an "autologin" link for your clients. Everyone gets their own special email link. (You however, must login each and every time for security purposes.)

If you want to test this, create a "client" for your account with one of your own personal email addresses, then send an invoice to that address.

Hope that clears up any confusion you might have.

- seth // subimage.com

2. 2 Posted by Amber Ladley on 04 Mar, 2013 09:12 PM

Fantastic & thanks for such a prompt response! I thought I was testing this out by clicking the box to send the invoice to me, so I will definitely test it out with another personal email address. So very excited about Cashboard, thanks for creating such an amazing (& affordable) product :)

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 04 Mar, 2013 09:17 PM

Glad you're excited about the product. The nice words mean a lot. :)

Please be sure to add your other email address as a _client_ contact, so you get to see the autologin link. Let us know if you've got any other questions!

- seth // subimage.com

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac