Future invoicing - sending invoice out automatically in the future

Phil Drinkwater

20 Feb, 2013 04:05 PM

Hi,

I've just signed up.

What's the best way of setting up an invoice to be emailed automatically to a client in the future (eg. on 28/9/13) ? Could you detail the steps?

I noticed you can setup a recurring schedule and just have it run once (I think) but then there was the option to change it to be a normal invoice rather than an invoice schedule so I wasn't sure what to do.

Is there an option with a normal invoice (not an invoice schedule) to have it send out automatically in the future on a specific date? It's really helpful for me to have all invoices relating to a client in one place rather than having to go into two sections. That would secure my business for the future I suspect..

Thanks,
Phil

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 20 Feb, 2013 06:12 PM

Hi Phil,

Invoice Schedules are indeed what you want here. Schedules let you create invoices in the future, and send them at the same time.

The option to run a schedule once then "delete" the schedule is what you're looking for here.

To make it fully clear:

* Invoice Schedules _create_ Invoices.
    * You can't "turn a schedule into an invoice" - they're two separate things.

Does that clear things up?

- seth // subimage.com

2. 2 Posted by Phil Drinkwater on 20 Feb, 2013 10:35 PM

Thank you. That does make sense.

I've added it as a suggestion (automatically sending delayed normal invoices) anyway so you have a record of the request :)

Best wishes,
    Phil

3. Seth B closed this discussion on 20 Feb, 2013 11:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac