Option to hide clients in project list

Derek Churchill

18 Feb, 2015 05:47 AM

I am just starting to use Cashboard and find the time tracking a bit cumbersome. In particular, I would like an option to turn off the client name on the list of projects in timesheet pages. I work on a lot of projects and tasks for different clients at once and many of my clients have long names. The result is a lot of clutter and scrolling on my timesheet page. I don't really need to see the client name here.

Another suggestion for time entry is to have a drag and drop weekly time sheet like ProWorkFlow does. I just transferred over from ProWorkFlow for a number of reasons, but I really miss their timesheet. Its really easy to see how you spent your day and fill in the missing parts.

Thanks,

Derek Churchill

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 18 Feb, 2015 06:18 AM

Thanks for the suggestions Derek.

2. 2 Posted by Derek Churchill on 18 Feb, 2015 06:46 AM

Seth:
    Any possibility of an option to hide the client in the near future?
    Derek
     To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:18 PM
     Subject: Re: Option to hide clients in project list [Suggestions #467]

#yiv0283879319 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv0283879319 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 18 Feb, 2015 03:26 PM

Most likely not. This is something I’ve not heard as a request before, and don’t think it’s that big of an issue design wise.

That being said, timesheets (and large parts of the system) are due for a redesign sometime. I’m personally not big on piecemeal preferences for small things like this, and usually those types of features don’t make it into the app. More preferences = more confusion. I’d like to eliminate as much confusion as possible in the app.

Thanks for understanding.

4. 4 Posted by Derek Churchill on 23 Feb, 2015 12:37 AM

Seth:
    There is a balance between confusion and preferences that allow folks to customize an application to make it work for their needs.  
    If are considering an redesign for the timesheet area of Cashboard, I urge you to check out the weekly time input in Proworkflow. You can drag your time over the workdays and very easily see how you've spent your time over the week. 
    Thanks,
    Derek Churchill
     To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:26 AM
     Subject: Re: Option to hide clients in project list [Suggestions #467]

#yiv2582555046 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv2582555046 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

25 Jul, 2020 12:06 AM
25 Jul, 2020 12:05 AM
08 Jul, 2020 11:46 PM