Auto logout

I have noticed that I remain logged into my account even though there has been no activity overnight. Although this is not a problem for a one arm paper hanger like me, most applications automatically log out after some arbitrary idle time to prevent indavertent exposure to thrid parties who might cfome along. Might put this on a preference setting somewhere down the development line.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 11 Nov, 2013 02:37 PM

A few years back we had a very short session timeout (auto-logout) — of about 12 hours or so.

Multiple customers complained that they were logged out too early, and that tracking hours, or working on an estimate had been screwed up because of it.

The current session timeout is 2 days. If you're worried about people coming along and using your computer without your knowledge you should make it standard practice to manually log out of applications like Cashboard.

The logout link can be found at the top-right hand of the majority of Cashboard screens.

2. 2 Posted by mark@riversideb... on 11 Nov, 2013 04:06 PM

mark@riversidebusinesscoach.com Orton's Avatar

I understand. I haven't worked over night in recent decades. I can see
    others' p[oint.
    Mark

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac