Tags

Carlos Abreu

03 Nov, 2013 04:32 PM

Hello ---

I'd love to be able to add tags to almost anything -- invoices, clients, projects, et. al. -- and then be able to search or filter or report on those tags in addition to using the other criteria Cashboard currently allows.

Cashboard is GREAT at dealing with all the things you CAN think of. I'm hoping for a way to be able to categorize/classify items for all the reasons you CAN'T think of. Tagging clients as non-profits. Tagging invoices/projects/tasks with purchase order numbers (I bill multiple times against blanket PO's in my business and it would be great to be able to filter out invoices against particular POs.) And so on. I understand your reluctance to add these kinds of things as specialty fields to Cashboard, holding out for feature requests that are beneficial to the most number of your clients. With tagging though, your clients would be able to create these the ad hoc associations in a generic way and for any reason they saw fit.

--- Carlos Abreu

1. 1 Posted by Carlos Abreu on 03 Nov, 2013 07:23 PM

Oh, and I've tried things like a hashtag in the notes field which would be fine, like #disputed but two things:

1) special characters in the free-form search at the top right are stripped so it looks for "disputed" and not "#disputed' which I can't get around with "tag-test" and not even "tagtest" which only comes up on searches for "tag" or "test"

2) the results are in a search results context and not the context you were currently in. A simple implementation for the invoices screen, for example, would be perhaps adding in the advanced search options an additional filter "Contains..." or even just "Notes contains..." allowing me to type in #disputed (or #followup, or #po12345, or #sally...) and then, along with the other filters, say choosing a client, I could get all invoices against PO 12345 for a given client AND it would be the usual list of invoices with summary details and not a section of the search results page.

Wow, look how much I've written about this! LOL Sorry about that. To some up:

Tags: Good :)

2. 2 Posted by Angelique Weger on 09 Jan, 2014 01:27 AM

Just chiming in to also vote for this feature/functionality. Specifically, as a web developer, I'd love to be able to better track how I'm spending my time generally, not just by specific tasks (i.e., coding vs designing vs client communication) and tags seem like the easiest way to do so.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac