Home Page Tallies

John Williams

18 Aug, 2013 05:10 PM

Any chance you can add Total Billable $'s (invoiced or not) under this months hours (which appears to be the total billable hours). Since like a lot of people I do the bulk of my invoices on the first or 2nd of the month the current This Month $'s mostly reflect last months billable hours rather than the current month. Basically I want to see my run rate for the month at a glance.

While on the subject of total hours and total $'s there are a number of screens where this info would be very helpful.
1. While on a given time sheet day is shows total hours but it would be nice to see total $'s since diff clients are billed at different rates.
2. On the project tab is shows for each client the uinvoiced time (which is great) it would sure be nice to see some totals at the bottom for Uninvoiced time total and Uninvoiced $'s. It would cool to also see total invoice hour and $ at the bottom of this screen along with a total for the month. That is just hour for this month not invoiced $ for last months work. Again a this month run rate for hours booked this month only.

Thanks for a great program that has saved me tons of money. I look forward to it getting better and better. I know many people use the tool many different ways and you have to pick and chose changes you make but it seems the most every one would benefit from seeing how the current month'y billable $ are adding up regardless of whether the time has been billed or not.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 19 Aug, 2013 06:39 AM

Hi John,

Thanks for the passionate comments about Cashboard. I love to hear that people are benefitting from using it and are as passionate about it as I am.

I think you'll be happy to find out that I agree with your idea. That's why there are totals for unbilled hours right next to the header on the home page where it says "Projects to Invoice".

Look to the right of that header - all of your unbilled hours and costs are summarized there.

Best,

• Seth
  2. Seth B closed this discussion on 19 Aug, 2013 06:39 AM.

3. John Williams re-opened this discussion on 19 Aug, 2013 03:02 PM

4. 2 Posted by John Williams on 19 Aug, 2013 03:02 PM

Thanks Seth. Yes I saw those numbers and they are great. Unfortunately, like many people I invoice some clients at the end of a project and some mid-month so the minute I issue an invoice in a given month those numbers no longer reflect how I am doing $ wise for the current month.

I also see the “This Month” hours under Timesheet Summary so that does show me how I am tracking in the month for hours. I bill at different rates and even sometime might discount work so it would be valuable to see how the $ are doing for the month regardless of whether I have invoiced them or not. If you could add “Total Invoiced $ This month’s Projects” and “Total $ This month’s Projects” (the sum of the Total Invoiced $ This month’s Projects + Projects to Invoice $s from the home page) that would be great. You already show the Total Invoiced this month in the Billing Summary but that is not what I am looking for as it includes $ related to hours worked the prior month. I want to know the $ for the projects I have worked this month invoiced or not.

I know many consultants that want to see these numbers. The middle of the month just passed and I wanted to see how I am doing for the month ($ wise) and the only way I could do that right was to go to the invoice list, sum up the $ for invoices that involve hours and flat fees for this month and then add that sum to the Projects to Invoice $ on the home page. Then I know the total $ for the month related to billable time and flat fees for the current month. I call it the run rate.

I would like to make X $ per month. If on the 15th of the month I am not at x/2 then I might need to work a Sat or into the evening in order to get my run rate back on track for the month. I actually look at this number weekly to see how the month is unfolding and the “Projects to Invoice” tells me exactly this until I issue and invoice for work in the current month. Once I issue an invoice there is no longer a single place for me to see how I am doing for $’s in the current month.

I hope I explained it better this time. I am sure that many consultants that invoice at different times of the month would love to see the $s for the “current” month regardless of whether they have been billed or not.

Thanks for responding so quickly. Again, you have a great product. It has saved me tons of time and frustration compared to the tool I used before.

John Williams

Freestone Products, Ltd

Cell: 720-560-1460

Office: 303-699-9299

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 19 Aug, 2013 04:49 PM

Makes sense now - thanks for the clarification. I'll definitely think about it.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac