Creating Projects with fixed price items

Chris Besett

26 Jul, 2013 01:36 AM

For some reason if i create an estimate with fixed price custom items I can't create a project from that. I have to go in and create a special invoice. Can I create a project that will carry these over so i don't have to redo?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 26 Jul, 2013 07:41 AM

Chris,

"Custom" items don't transfer to tasks unfortunately. If you create an estimate you'll need to use "tasks" and "product" type line items if you wish to transition them to a project successfully.

Does that make sense?

2. 2 Posted by Chris Besett on 26 Jul, 2013 02:29 PM

any way that they can in the future? as a designer i don't have products
    but the custom item is helpful as it can be "pages, slides, graphics,
    banners, etc."

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 26 Jul, 2013 03:26 PM

I'm not sure - as custom items generally don't directly map to "tasks" or "expenses".

I'll think about this going forward, but nobody else has mentioned this so far as a concern.

4. 4 Posted by Sarah McAleer on 14 Jan, 2014 07:45 PM

There are many things missing from Cashboardapp. I do not feel it is a finished product, but I do feel is a good product with dedicated staff behind it and so I am trying it out 2 years since I tried it last.

I agree with Chris there should be fixed priced items option. Fixed priced items are a part of any business. I have seen another platform (can't remember which one at the moment) that has this option. Being able to have a fixed price item is one of the few things that freelancers have that they can count on getting paid for vs. counting hours up at the end of the month hoping it covers rent.

I may be misunderstanding this request above if I am then I apologize. This and a Calendar marking deadlines seems to be in order.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Seth B on 15 Jan, 2014 07:35 PM

Sarah, I think you might be misunderstanding what Chris was asking for. He's talking about a certain item type from an estimate transitioning into project tasks.

You certainly can set a "flat fee" on tasks, which makes it a "fixed price" item. The point I was making is that something like "5 slides" as an estimate "custom item" doesn't transition directly into a "project task".

6. 6 Posted by Sarah McAleer on 17 Jan, 2014 07:43 AM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Display error with specific project

Hi Seth, Oh I understand now. Sorry for jumping in on the support forum
    when I just barely started with cashboardapp. I really like the
    cashboardapp widget. I think it looked different a year ago. Very clean and
    easy to use.

I have a real support issue now. One of my projects opens up to a page with
    all the tasks' text in one grey box. I inserted screenshot below. The
    project that seems to be buggy is:
    http://dailyjs.com/2010/02/22/uniform-sexy-forms-with-jquery/

This happened after I created a new project for the same client.

[image: Inline image 1]

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac