Auto-Sending Payment Reminders

Lucien Stephan

23 Mar, 2017 07:05 AM

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was an auto-send functionality for payment reminders? It would be great if the system could automatically send out a friendly reminder that the invoice's due date is coming up or that the due date has passed.

Thank you,

Lucien

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 23 Mar, 2017 07:27 AM

Hi Lucien,

While editing an invoice click the text that says "Advanced Options". Inside there are options to send pre and post-due reminders.

Best,

- Seth

2. 2 Posted by Lucien Stephan on 23 Mar, 2017 12:19 PM

Awesome. I’ll have a look.

Thank you,

Lucien Stephan

3. 3 Posted by Lucien Stephan on 24 Mar, 2017 05:00 PM

Seth,

Can you show me how to update the invoice reminder template in the advanced setting?

Thank you,

Lucien

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Seth B on 24 Mar, 2017 07:42 PM

Please see the attached image. These controls are available while creating or editing any invoice.

5. 5 Posted by Lucien Stephan on 26 Mar, 2017 07:01 PM

Hi Seth,

Thank you for the screenshot - I realized after reading my question, I should have been more specific. Following are a couple of question for clarity.

In the ADVANCED OPTIONS section, just above the "reminder" settings there is a dropdown selector for templates. Is that telling that this is an invoice and we are using the htlm_invoice template or does that refer to the template used when sending the reminder?

I know from looking at the doc templates in the admin setting there is a reminder_invoice template. Assuming the template is the one used when sending an auto-reminder, can we add our own template and use it? Or would we edit the current reminder_invoice, if we wanted to add some details?

Thank you in advance for you response.

Lucien

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Seth B on 26 Mar, 2017 09:38 PM

Hi Lucien,

The template and reminder settings have nothing to do with one another. The "reminder" template you mention is what actually gets sent as the content of your email message when sending an invoice more than one time. This template control is actually what's used to display this invoice on screen, and as a PDF (which might be attached to that reminder email).

Have a good remainder of your Sunday,

- Seth

7. 7 Posted by Lucien Stephan on 26 Mar, 2017 09:42 PM

Got it.

Thank you for the quick reply. Have a great Sunday.

Lucien

8. Lucien Stephan closed this discussion on 12 Jul, 2017 07:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac