How do I enter a payment sent to a subcontractor?

Reuben Lara

22 Dec, 2016 04:25 AM

I just hired a freelancer to do a job. How do I enter that person without him being a formal employee and how can I record the payment I sent him?

Thanks!

Reuben

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 22 Dec, 2016 05:00 AM

Hi Reuben,

Cashboard only has the concept of employees in your company. We don't have any concept of freelancers. Anyone you add to your company will have access to track time at the very least, and count against whatever plan you're currently on (meaning you'll get billed if they need access to the system).

If you simply need to record a payment due to them, you can use the expenses section of the application and make a note in the expense notes field.

Best regards,

- Seth

2. 2 Posted by Reuben Lara on 22 Dec, 2016 03:22 PM

OK thanks! Would be nice to have a subcontractor feature. But outside of
    that I'me loving cashboard.

R

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 22 Dec, 2016 06:29 PM

Reuben,

Great to know you’re getting along well with Cashboard. Expanding on your idea a bit — what would you like for a “subcontractor feature” to consist of? How would it differ from what we’re doing with employee accounts currently?

- Seth

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac