Line items on an invoice.

John Lawell

02 Mar, 2016 05:53 PM

While I really only use the basics of this application, I would like to know if there is a way to setup/edit the line items recalled when entering a new line item on an invoice. An example: I charge three different pricing levels, Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3. Whatever I originally typed when I first entered this items, is populated if I choose the existing Tier. For each Tier, I include meta like Date, time, work completed. This is all still listed as the stuff I first entered upon creation of the "Tier" item. Yes, I can edit it and change it, but it would be more efficient if I could just create a list of items at one time that has the default verbiage I would like to include, or at least edit the existing list. Thanks for the help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 02 Mar, 2016 07:14 PM

Hi John,

Those auto-complete items should be using the latest updated item with that title - not the one you first created. However, I recognize the need for a feature like you’re requesting. In the interim, you should be able to create a new invoice with updated item specifics, using the same title. Then the next time you create an invoice it should pull the item from your previously created invoice.

While editing that list is not possible currently it is something that we are looking at potentially adding later on.

All the best,

- Seth

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac