Can I change the due date to due upon receipt?

Barbara Watkins

18 Feb, 2016 02:03 AM

Just signed up for the program and need to use due upon receipt as the due date. I don't see that option and when I typed that in the due date box, it did not stick.
Is there a way to do that?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 18 Feb, 2016 02:21 AM

Hi Barbara, thanks for checking out Cashboard.

Currently the best way to do that is simply set the due date to the day you created the invoice.

If you’d like all invoices to read “due on receipt” you’d need to modify the invoice template. If you’d like I can do that for you - but it would preclude you from using different due dates in the future without another template modification.

Let me know if you need anything else,

- Seth

2. 2 Posted by Barbara Watkins on 18 Feb, 2016 02:54 AM

Thanks for the prompt reply. I really would like you to make that modification to the template for me. That would be great! I'm impressed. I thought I was the only one that worked late into the night and had all my questions when nobody else was working. Let me know what I need to do to use the new template. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 18 Feb, 2016 04:16 AM

Hi Barbara,

You don’t have to do anything in order to use the new template. All invoices from here on will read “due upon receipt”. Please keep in mind that internally you still should set the “due date” to the same day you create the invoice - otherwise some things could be a bit confusing - like the system calculating how much you’re owed, if invoices are overdue, etc.

As far as the system is concerned, anything not paid past the due date is “overdue”.

Best,

- Seth

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac