Email links for customer invoices

Katie Guy

12 Aug, 2013 04:16 PM

When I send my customer an invoice will they be required to login to view it?

When I click on the link in the email under VIEW THIS INVOICE ONLINE...I am prompted to login. One of my customers said he was also required to login. This seems to be causing confusion, as the customer thinks they should already have some sort of login information. The screen does not prompt the customer to CREATE a login.

Please help with this.

Thanks,
Katie Guy

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 12 Aug, 2013 04:25 PM

Hi Katie,

No when you send an invoice to your customers they will not have to login to view it, unless they've clicked the link 14-days after it's been sent.

We generate "auto-login" links for your customers, but expire them within 2 weeks for security. You don't receive an auto-login link again, for security.

The client UI and that entire workflow is explained more here:
    http://help.cashboardapp.com/kb/misc/client-interface

Please read that article and get back to me if you have further questions.

2. 2 Posted by Katie Guy on 12 Aug, 2013 04:34 PM

Seth,

It looks like the invoice was sent two weeks ago today and the client tried to click on it today to pay but it won't let him back in. Do I need to create a new invoice or can I simply send a reminder invoice and that email will have an "auto-login" link?

Ecce Crucem Domini
    Fugite, partes adversae,
    Vicit Leo de Tribu Juda,
    Radix David, Alleluia

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 12 Aug, 2013 04:41 PM

No need to create a new invoice, just send a reminder and a new link will be generated.

Also, not sure if you read the article I linked, but as it mentions there - your customers can simply enter their email and no password if you didn't assign them one while creating their account.

Best,

- Seth

[ sent from my mobile // excuse me for any typos ]

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac