Deposits and Payments

Alex Vasquez

17 Jun, 2013 08:57 PM

Hey there,
So I have a situation I need help with. I'm working on a project that I took a deposit on. There's still the rest of the project fee to collect on. Additionally, there's a scheduled invoice that goes out monthly, for the next 12 months. Each invoice is getting paid from the the Deposit, which isn't what I want. The deposit should only go toward the remaining amount of the project.

Thoughts?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 17 Jun, 2013 11:45 PM

Hey Alex,

I'd simply create the invoice for the remainder of the project, then apply the deposit to that. Don't send it to your client until you're ready to collect. You might even want to post-date the invoice for when you anticipate the project to end.

That way the money will be accounted for, and not be applied to your scheduled invoices.

Let me know if that helps.

• s
  2. 2 Posted by Emil Friend on 03 Sep, 2013 05:28 AM

I too have encountered situations where I've received a deposit for one project from a client, when I had outstanding invoices for another project with the same client, and the deposit gets applied to the wrong project, which I find frustrating

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac