Invoice Prefix

Alex Vasquez

16 Apr, 2013 06:14 PM

Hey,
I'm noticing my new invoices are prefixed with 'zoho.' Is that by design? Is it possible to change/remove the prefix?

Just curious.

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 16 Apr, 2013 06:19 PM

I'm not looking at your account right now (getting coffee at my breakfast table), but I'm guessing that when you imported your invoices you created a few with that prefix?

Here's how our numbering system works:

http://help.cashboardapp.com/kb/misc/document-numbering-assigned-id

2. 2 Posted by Alex Vasquez on 16 Apr, 2013 09:43 PM

Many moons ago I used zoho when I first started up my business, so that's why I thought it was odd that new invoices would be prefixed with that. I don't recall choosing to have that, or even having hte opportunity while doing the import. If it's possible to remove or change, I'd like to know how.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 16 Apr, 2013 10:18 PM

It had to be in something during your import, because obviously we'd not put "Zoho" in anything...they're a competitor ;)

Anyway, I've gone through your account and automatically removed those prefixes from all of your invoices.

In the future, just keep in mind that any letters/numbers followed by a dash are considered a "prefix" and our system will increment from there - as noted in that help article I referenced previously.

Hope that clears everything up for your data import!

4. 4 Posted by Alex Vasquez on 17 Apr, 2013 06:10 PM

We good! Thanks, Seth!

5. Alex Vasquez closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2013 06:10 PM.

6. Seth B re-opened this discussion on 09 Jul, 2013 10:13 AM

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Seth B on 09 Jul, 2013 10:13 AM

Wanted to let you know that we're pushing a new feature that allows you to reset the numbering system, as explained here:

http://help.cashboardapp.com/kb/misc/document-numbering-assigned-id...

Please let me know your thoughts.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac