Archive a project

Lydia

12 Mar, 2014 07:59 PM

After a project is completed, invoice, paid, etc it would be convenient to have the project removed from the drop-down list when tracking time/tasks. I am assuming that this is what Project > Three-Lines-Button > Archive will do, but oddly enough this doesn't seem to be documented in the Knowledge Base. Could you please clarify what happens when a project is Archived?
Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 12 Mar, 2014 08:42 PM

Hi Lydia, that's exactly one thing that should happen when you archive a
    project.

Which drop-down are you referring to?

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014, Lydia <
    [email blocked]> wrote:

2. 2 Posted by Lydia on 12 Mar, 2014 09:02 PM

Thank you. Just checking to make sure that Archiving won't do anything else, like cause invoices to vanish out of reporting, or contacts to go missing, or similar issues. (I have worked with some other time and invoice solutions before I found cashboard, so I have learned not to make risky assumptions about what a given feature might actually do!)

It is a pop-up, actually. The little selector box that lets you fill in which Client, Project & Task you want to assign a timekeeping entry to.

Thanks!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 12 Mar, 2014 09:45 PM

Archiving a project will do a few things

- Hide it from those lists in time tracking
    - Hide it from your "active" or "open" project lists
    - You won't be able to track time, or add new tasks for it

You can also archive clients, which will hide them from similar menus and lists

Of course, you can archive and unarchive clients and projects at any time. We have no concept currently of archiving invoices. Invoices are just either "paid" or "unpaid".

4. 4 Posted by Carlos Abreu on 27 Apr, 2018 03:21 PM

When I archive projects and then login as client, they still appear under Open Projects in the client portal. It's great that they can still get at all projects from the Projects tab there, but the Open Projects list on that Overview page doesn't show just the unarchived projects as I would expect it to.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac