Time keeping

Treasure Hoagwood

27 Feb, 2021 11:06 AM

Hi:

We have 37 employees with fixed percentages of allocations to grants that only change about once a year. Some employees are split among more than one grant. Employees fill in their time on a weekly entry screen. The end result we need is to produce a report that shows days and hours by employee and splits each day by their percentage allocation, plus the date and time of approval by employee and supervisor. Does your software have that capability? I can provide a sample.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 01 Mar, 2021 03:18 AM

Hi Treasure, I'd love to learn more about what you're trying to accomplish. Can you please send an example of this file?

2. 2 Posted by Treasure Hoagwo... on 01 Mar, 2021 02:13 PM

Here’s a simple example of what we are wanting to accomplish. I’m just not finding any out-of-the-box timekeeping solutions for this. I’m actually not in charge of this project but I was trying to do some research to help my supervisor. Our current timekeeping software provider told us that we would be able to do this when we converted to them but now they are backtracking. At the most we have had 40 employees and currently we have 36. We are also using it to track PTO. Regardless of status all employees are paid on a salaried basis so we don’t need it to interface with our payroll provider. This example is only for one week. Normally we would have to provide this report for a month when we are audited by our grantors.

Time entry screen for employee:
    Jane Doe
    Monday
    Tuesday
    Wed
    Thu
    Fri
    Time entry in
    8:00
    Break
    0:30
    Time entry out
    4:30
    3:30
    5:30

What report needs to show:
    Jane Doe
    Monday
    Tuesday
    Wed
    Thu
    Fri
    Grant A
    30%
    Grant B
    30%
    Grant C
    40%
    Approved by Jane Doe: 2/15/21
    Approved by Supervisor: 2/16/21

Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2021 9:19 PM
    To: Treasure Hoagwood <[email blocked]>
    Subject: Re: Time keeping [Questions #13509]

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Be sure you know the sender before opening any links or attachments.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 12 Mar, 2021 09:46 PM

Sorry, yes we don’t support breaks just the hours logged. If you want, sign up for a demo account and fill out the Weekly Timesheet for yourself!

You can also see a list of “All Time” reports for employees. You could simulate breaks in time by having employees start & stop timers based on the hours of day they’re working but again, we do not track them specifically.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac