How do I create Tasks?

David Bennett

01 Dec, 2013 07:39 PM

I am considering your product. I am currently using iBiz, but would like a web based solution. I have approximately 15 different tasks that I bill for on a daily. I can not figure out a way to create a project and simply select from a task list for this project.

I want to be able to report on $$$ per task for a customer relative to a project. I will run 30 tasks a day myself (not including my team). If I have to create the same thing over and over again, this will be very time consuming and be less accurate in any reporting since the name schema may not be consistent.

I have read through the knowledge base and logs and I am unable to see anything addressing my question. Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 01 Dec, 2013 07:50 PM

Hi David, thanks for checking us out & my apologies that Cashboard is confusing you.

I can not figure out a way to create a project and simply select from a task list for this project.

1. To create a project, click the Create button in the upper-right hand corner or most screens, then select Project.
    2. Tasks inside a project are organized into Lists. You’ll need to create a list inside your project first, by clicking the New List button.
    3. Once you have a Project & List, click the New Task button inside of the list.

I want to be able to report on $$$ per task for a customer relative to a project.

Once you start creating tasks & tracking time for them Cashboard will automatically show you $ amounts on a per-task and per-project basis. Your clients can login to Cashboard and check real-time status of your efforts, or you can PDF them a Project Detail Report

I will run 30 tasks a day myself (not including my team). If I have to create the same thing over and over again, this will be very time consuming and be less accurate in any reporting since the name schema may not be consistent.

That would be pretty rude of us if we made you re-create things over and over.

Fortunately, you can easily duplicate any project, invoice, or estimate within the system — or import items that already exist. If you need help with this later just ask me.

PS: Creating tasks is an essential feature of our product and should be pretty easy. Finding out that you're having difficulty creating them is alarming to me. Perhaps we need to do some more usability testing on it. Thanks for the feedback.

2. 2 Posted by David Bennett on 01 Dec, 2013 08:07 PM

But is there a list of say 15-20 tasks that I can pick from relative to a
    project vs. when I create a new project I have to set up the various tasks
    such as Call, Email, etc for each project. I know you said you can copy a
    project. Not all task are performed on every project, but every project
    will have some of these tasks. In other words one project may have 3 of
    these tasks, while another may have 10 of them. See attached as an example:

[image: Inline image 1]

-- David

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 01 Dec, 2013 08:11 PM

David,

All tasks previously created will be available via auto-complete. Once you start typing the name of a task to create, Cashboard automatically searches all previous tasks & presents you with a list matching the title you're typing.

I've also uploaded an image for you that demonstrates this capability.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac