'Template' field when recording a payment

John Williams

01 Dec, 2013 05:56 PM

Seth when you record a payment there is a field on that screen that says html_payment for the payment template. It does not appear however to send out a payment notification email (which is good in my case). I am confirming that no email is suppose to be sent and this field it really doing nothing on the payment screen......perhaps for later functionality to optionally send email on payment that is currently not set up ?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 01 Dec, 2013 06:05 PM

Hi John, sorry for the confusion.

That has absolutely nothing to do with sending an email notice at all.

If you look to the left of that select box, it says "Template". That field controls what HTML template is used when a customer views a template online, or you convert it to PDF.

It's a part of our feature that allows you to create / select multiple templates for things, so you can display invoices, estimates, and payment receipts in different manners. I should probably re-evaluate it on that screen, as most people do not take advantage of that feature.

Best,

— Seth

2. 2 Posted by John Williams on 01 Dec, 2013 07:05 PM

OK I understand that. Can you confirm that no email is sent to the customer when a payment is recorded unless you open the payment and SEND it ?

John Williams

Freestone Products, Ltd

Cell: 720-560-1460

Office: 303-699-9299

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 01 Dec, 2013 07:06 PM

Confirmed.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac