Removing username from task when creating invoice

CPA Planning Design

11 Oct, 2018 07:33 PM

Hello Seth,

Sorry to bother you and hope you're well.

To avoid me having to set the hourly rate for each task, I recently chose to set a user hourly rate and then set the project to BILLING PREFERENCE -> BILL BY EMPLOYEE RATE (within a template project that's then duplicated for each project). All was well until I recently noticed after some time, that the username is mentioned on the invoice for every task. This is a little redundant as I'm the only user, it's also unnecessary duplication for a cashboardapp user with just one user.

I went through the templates briefly and couldn't find where to delete this detail, could you advise please?

Many thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 22 Oct, 2018 01:00 PM

Sorry for the delayed response — but looks as if you’ve already figured this out. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

- s

2. 2 Posted by CPA Planning De... on 22 Oct, 2018 01:20 PM

I haven't quite, but I'm just going to use the work around of billing by task instead.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 22 Oct, 2018 01:25 PM

If you’re the only person on the account that makes the most sense. Bill by employee rate is really designed with the intention that you’re billing out multiple employees at separate rates.

— s

4. 4 Posted by CPA Planning De... on 22 Oct, 2018 01:39 PM

Yeah, as I'm the only person on the account, makes complete sense to check every task is set to the correct hourly rate.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Seth B on 22 Oct, 2018 01:41 PM

Ahh, I see your frustration. Are you finding that setting “Default Task Rate” is not working for you — specifically if you change hourly rates? Does that happen often during the course of a project?

6. 6 Posted by CPA Planning De... on 22 Oct, 2018 01:48 PM

The default does work, however I occasionally change my hourly rate for a small selection of clients. By setting jobs to an employee rate, it's one less thing to go wrong for the majority of projects.

I'm haunted by the time I did dozens of hours of work for someone and nearly charged 25% LESS because the wrong hourly rate by task was set (my user error).

Using employee rate gives me the reassurance that I can't make that mistake again for the majority of projects. One less thing to check, is one less thing to take up my time.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screenshot_2018-10-11_20.29.11.png 33.8 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac