Credit

Michele Smith

18 Jul, 2013 04:20 PM

Hi,
Every time I made an invoice for Ginger Shukrun for $2,176, it shows up as an outstanding credit. Now it's up to over $4,000 in outstanding credit. I deleted it several times, but she still has an outstanding credit when she actually doesn't.
How do i resolve this issue?
Thanks,

Michele

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 18 Jul, 2013 04:57 PM

Michele,

And "outstanding credit" just means that your client has paid you more than you've invoiced her.

To easily see all invoices / payments for a client, view their name under the Contacts tab. After doing so, click the header that either says Invoices or Payments. I like to open these in new tabs in my browser by using command-click (mac) or ctrl-click (pc).

You had a couple of duplicate payments entered, one of which I deleted.

I also applied the outstanding payment (credit) to your client's unpaid invoice.

You can view her invoices & total here and compare that to her made payments.

After deleting the duplicate payment she now has a $0.80 outstanding credit because you've collected $0.80 more than you've invoiced her for.

Make sense?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac