Stripe payment not working (IE 8 problems)

Bo Warburton

31 Mar, 2013 05:33 AM

I recently switched to Stripe for payments. It threw an error on Friday when my client tried to pay me and the payment did not go through. He is using IE, see attached. Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 31 Mar, 2013 10:53 PM

Thanks for the report Bo. I'll see if we can get this fixed this week.

2. 2 Posted by Bo Warburton on 01 Apr, 2013 10:04 PM

This is very urgent. I cannot receive this payment until we resolve the issue. In other words, the problem is costing me money. Is there any estimated time or workaround?

Thanks,
    Bo

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 01 Apr, 2013 10:12 PM

Bo, I'm totally understand and apologize - but please also understand that we're working on 3 other urgent bugs that came in before your issue. Everyone has urgent issues and we have limited resources, unfortunately.

Workarounds in the meantime:

* Have your customer use another browser to access the site
    * Call your customer, get their card details...login to the Stripe site & record a payment yourself

Thanks for understanding,

- seth // subimage.com

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Seth B on 03 Apr, 2013 07:44 PM

Just a heads up that this is on my plate today.

5. 5 Posted by Bo Warburton on 03 Apr, 2013 09:41 PM

Thank you Seth, I completely understand the situation and appreciate the
    update. I could not run my business without Cashboard.
    - Bo

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Seth B on 04 Apr, 2013 12:19 AM

Hi Bo, so it seems this issue has nothing at all to do with Stripe.

We dropped support for everything below IE 9 last year, since a very small portion of people access Cashboard with those older versions. Your customer is using an older version of IE.

We were displaying an upgrade message on the login screen, but it seems customers were not seeing this when logged in directly with an "autologin" link from email.

I've now ensured that if a customer accesses any screen they'll see the upgrade message, which looks like the attached image.

I anticipate that this resolution isn't going to make you the happiest, but it simply doesn't make business sense for us to test on those older versions of browsers.

If this happens again, please keep in mind the workarounds I mentioned previously. Also, we're most likely going to be putting in some functionality that will let you enter in a customer's credit card details yourself, right from the Create Payment screen in the future.

I hope that will handle any similar issues going forward.

Best,

• s
  7. 7 Posted by Bo Warburton on 05 Apr, 2013 02:01 AM

Thank you Seth, you made the right call dropping 8. I took the payment over the phone and all is well.
    - Bo

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

8. Seth B closed this discussion on 05 Apr, 2013 05:05 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac