Buttons aren't showing

Troy Foley

26 Jan, 2015 02:52 PM

The save and cancel buttons are not showing on the top toolbar in Chrome 41.0.2272.16 beta (Mac OSX 10). However, if I inspect the element and add position:relative they return.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Seth B on 26 Jan, 2015 04:41 PM

Hey Troy,

I’m using 40.0.2214.91 and it’s working splendidly here. When it updates to that version, non beta and if that’s still broken we’ll put in a fix. Otherwise I’m guessing perhaps Chrome broke something?

2. 2 Posted by Troy Foley on 26 Jan, 2015 04:44 PM

Yep, it seems to be working in FF. Might be a Chrome thing, it only just started happening with most buttons (also on the “send” button popup inside estimates).

Troy Foley
    Good Bit Digital
    (920) 217-3838

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Seth B on 26 Jan, 2015 05:39 PM

Appreciate the heads up and the fix information regardless.

4. 4 Posted by Samantha on 18 Feb, 2015 06:46 PM

im on chrome and works fine

5. 5 Posted by Julia Minnie on 21 Feb, 2015 06:52 PM

Just an addition to this convo. I'm using Safari on Mac and when I tried to add a person to a client the 'create' button was not visible. Seems to be a styling related issue, as the pointer changes when I hover in the vicinity of the button and if I click in that area, the form submits.

6. 6 Posted by Troy Foley on 21 Feb, 2015 06:53 PM

Same here. I know where the buttons are so it's functional. Just not ideal.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Seth B on 21 Feb, 2015 10:01 PM

Just an addition to this convo. I'm using Safari on Mac and when I tried to add a person to a client the 'create' button was not visible. Seems to be a styling related issue, as the pointer changes when I hover in the vicinity of the button and if I click in that area, the form submits.

Hi Julia, I was able to verify that the buttons didn't show up in Safari - but only when adding a person to a company. This looked to be a bug in Safari with their rendering code - but I found a workaround that makes it show up.

It's on the way up to our servers now and should be in place within 5-10 minutes. If you're still experiencing the issue after that time, please clear your browser cache and refresh Cashboard in the browser.

@Troy - still unable to reproduce the Chrome bug as I don't want to install the beta and screw up testing for other sites, but will keep an eye on it with the latest stable production version.

8. 8 Posted by Julia Minnie on 23 Feb, 2015 07:47 PM

Thanks Seth,

Looks good!

Cheers,
    Julia

Julia Minnie
    Mucky Dog Web Projects

www.muckydog.com
    604-980-8863

9. 9 Posted by Troy Foley on 23 Feb, 2015 07:51 PM

Would you believe that this fixed the Chrome bug as well? Because it did.

Troy Foley
    (920) 217-3838
    Good Bit Digital
    www.goodbitdigital.com

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screenshot_2015-01-26_08.51.02.png 330 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac